FLOW works with our clients in many other aspects of imaging. From art copying to publishing and book design we can help you negotiate these sometimes bewildering and technical aspects of photographic imaging.
We offer a comprehensive print and art copying service. Where appropriate, images are either scanned or photographically ‘flat copied’.
Badly deteriorated prints can be restored if required.
It can be be surprisingly easy to take the first steps towards publishing your work in book form.
SHORT RUN DIGITAL BOOK DESIGN
We have years of expertise in designing books for single and short run print editions. Using the latest digital publishing technologies we can design, print and bind your work in beautifully printed books.
Please ask for more details.
MEDIUM TO LONG RUN LITHO PRINTING & BOOK DESIGN
If you have a plan to publish your photography in book form we can help. We can advise and organise all aspects of the production of your book in including:
- Layout and design
- Prepress and CMYK conversions
- Match prints
- Print factoring
We can accompany you through the exacting and exciting process of publishing a photobook through our links to designers, pre-press and the best litho printers.
We use various sizes of Epson
printers which all carry 11 Ultrachrome HDR
Spectraview Multiscan Reference
- various screen sizes.
To match your screen to ours please set your monitor to 100CDT at 56K. Use Adobe 1998 colour space when exporting.
PRINT FILE QUALITY
- For most print applications an 8bit Tiff or flattened PSD of about 50MG will suffice for prints up to A3+.
- If significant retouching is required please make sure your files are 16bit tiffs/psd etc.
- Please flatten files (remove layers) unless you have discussed this with us first.
- If your monitor is calibrated then review your images prior to sending in ‘Monitor RGB’.
- If working in Photoshop or Lightroom please export without attaching a paper profile.
- All paper that we print on have custom profiles made and regularly reviewed and updated